Our surgical services team is proud to offer exceptional quality care to our patients. Our highly trained surgeons, nurses, anesthesia personnel and others provide safe, comprehensive and compassionate care to make your surgery experience a comfortable and safe one. We offer both inpatient and outpatient surgeries.
A wide range of procedures are offered at St. Francis Medical Center, including:
- Ear, nose, and throat surgery (ENT) (availability of ENT Stealth to facilitate sinus surgery, and NIMS monitoring for thyroid procedures)
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy
- General surgery
- Gynecological surgery
- Neurological surgery (Stealth Navigation system available for brain tumors and spine surgery)
- Obstetrical surgery
- Open heart surgery
- Ophthalmological procedures (most are performed at our partner facility, P&S Surgical Hospital. We stitch simple lacerations.)
- Orthopedic surgery (all open and "scope" procedures available)
- Pain management (pain blocks for total joints: knees, hips, shoulder procedures, and open abdominal /thoracic procedures when it is beneficial
- Thoracic surgery (endoscopic and open procedures)
- Urological surgery (laser capability for urological stone breaking and other procedures elected useful by physician)
- Vascular procedures (endo-vascular procedures for abdominal aneurysm are performed by Dr. Frank Sartor and Dr. Keith White when applicable)
- Weight loss surgery (recognized as Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Surgical Review Corporation)
If you are scheduled for a surgery at St. Francis Medical Center, please visit our admissions department first, found in the front lobby of the hospital. Admissions personnel will assist you. If you have any questions prior to your surgery, call your physician or the admissions department at (318) 966-4116.
Thank you for choosing St. Francis Medical Center for your surgical needs.