At St. Francis Medical Center, we know having a new bundle of joy join your family is one of life's most important times. We welcome nearly 2,000 babies into the world each year. Our Level III OB unit (the highest available in northeastern Louisiana) offers a warm, homelike atmosphere complete with qualified, supportive staff and physicians. We are committed to making your birthing experience one that is safe, comfortable and memorable.
Services available include the following:
- Level III OB Unit (highest level available in the area)
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (highest level of neonatal care in the area)
- Special bonding time with infant after delivery
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic
- Prenatal Classes (click here to sign up)
- Convenient pre-registration by calling our pre-registration specialist at 966-3328 Monday-Thursday 6 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tours of the Labor/Delivery/Nursery Area are available upon request by calling 966-4188
- Experienced Labor and Delivery, OB & Well Baby Nursery Staff
- Labor/Delivery/Recovery Rooms
- Breastfeeding Program and Support with Certified Lactation Consultant; 24-hour hotline at (318) 966-4043
- Rooming In Available Upon Request
- Baby care instructional materials to take home
- Infant CPR instruction on TV for viewing during hospital stay
- Baby's First Portrait Package Available
- Hearing Screening Test
- Internet Nursery
Shots for Tots Program is available at the St. Francis Community Health Center every Wednesday evening from 3-7 p.m. Appointments are necessary and may be made by calling (318) 966-4700.
The St. Francis WIC Clinic is located at 3510 Medical Park Drive, Suite 7. Call (318) 966-6160 for an appointment time.