A Century of Healing (1913-2013)
For over 100 years, St. Francis Medical Center’s mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to those most in need has remained constant. From its modest beginning in July 1913 as a three-story red brick building with 75 patient beds, St. Francis Medical Center has grown to become Northeast Louisiana’s largest healthcare provider with 550 licensed beds. One of the largest employers in Ouachita Parish, St. Francis has over 2,200 employees and an annual payroll of $100 million dollars. St. Francis partners with over 300 physicians in various specialties and provides high quality medical, surgical and emergency services for the citizens of Northeast Louisiana.
St. Francis Medical Center’s main campus is located at 309 Jackson Street in downtown Monroe and offers a full range of medical and surgical specialties, including cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, neurology and neurosurgery, oncology, physical medicine, critical care for infants, children and adults, emergency services, obstetrics, general surgery, general medicine, skilled care, rehabilitation, outpatient care, outpatient wound treatment, and hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
As part of the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System based in Baton Rouge, the mission of St. Francis Medical Center is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to God’s people, especially those most in need.
309 Jackson Street
Monroe, LA 71201