- US News & World Report (2013 - 2014) - St. Francis Medical Center was ranked #4 in the State of Louisiana as a Best Hospital, recognized as a Best Hospital in Northeast Louisiana, and recognized as high performing in three specialties: Orthopedics, Nephrology and Neurology/Neurosurgery.
- US News & World Report (2012 - 2013) - St. Francis Medical Center was ranked #4 in the State of Louisiana as a Best Hospital, recognized as a Best Hospital in Northeast Louisiana, and recognized as high performing in Orthopedics.
- Louisiana's Top Hospitals by Louisiana Life Magazine
- 2012 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles - The Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System was among 66 U. S. employers that received this award at the Leadership Summit sponsored by the National Business Group on Health's Institute on Innovation in Workforce Well-being.
- NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Health System Elders) facility - St. Francis Medical Center earned this designation from The Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing at New York University College of Nursing in 2012. This means elderly patients at St. Francis can expect a higher level of care from a nursing team specifically trained to recognize and treat specific health conditions that affect the elderly.
- Level II Louisiana Performance Excellence Award Recipient - The Louisiana Performance Excellence Award is organized and administered by the Louisiana Quality Foundation. Organizations that are recognized are evaluated based on their proven effectiveness, sustainability, innovation, integrated processes and tracked results.
- Award for Innovation in Reducing Health Care Disparities - The Franciscan Clinic at St. Francis Medical Center received this award from the National Business Group on Health. This award honors organizations for their ongoing commitment to reducing health care disparities in the workplace and for supporting a diverse workforce.
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) Care Award - St. Francis Medical Center received this award in recognition for staffing IBCLCs and providing a lactation program that is available 5-7 days a week for breastfeeding families. In addition, the facility demonstrated that they have provided recent breastfeeding training for medical staff that care for new families, and have recently completed activities that help protect, promote, and support breastfeeding.
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR) - Kitty DeGree Breast Health Center
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence - St. Francis Medical Center is recognized in partnership with P & S Surgical Hospital by the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Surgical Review Corporation.
- GIFT (Guided Infant Feeding Techniques) Certified Facility - by the Louisiana Maternal and Child Health Coalition and the Louisiana Perinatal Commission
- Joint Commission Accreditation - achieving accreditation from The Joint Commission recognizes that St. Francis Medical Center complies with the highest national standards for safety and quality of care and is committed to continually improving care.
- Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care - Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana and the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
- Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery - BlueCross and BlueShield of Louisiana and the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
- Fit-Friendly Organization - recognized by American Heart Association (AHA) as an employer that goes above and beyond when it comes to team members' health by creating a culture of physical activity in the workplace. This includes providing walking programs for staff complete with walking routes and tracking tools.
- NCQA Level III certification - Franciscan Clinic
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) Recognized Facility - The St. Francis Diabetes & Nutrition Center at the St. Francis Community Health Center meets certain standards of care required by ADA for this recognition. All clinical staff members are Certified Diabetes Educators.
- College of American Pathologists Accredited - The Respiratory Care Arterial Blood Gas Labs at both the North and Downtown campuses of St. Francis Medical Center, as well as Clinical Labs at all three campuses of St. Francis (North, Downtown and CHC)
- American Association of Blood Banks Accredited - St. Francis Blood Bank at St. Francis Medical Center Downtown
- Level I National Council for Quality Assurance Primary Care Clinic - The Franciscan Clinic, located at St. Francis Community Health Center
- American College of Radiology (ACR) Certified - St. Francis ultrasound, CT, MRI, and Nuclear Medicine departments
- NQMBC Certified Participant - Kitty DeGree Breast Health Center and Kitty DeGree Breast Health Imaging
- COLA accredited (College of Labs) - St. Francis Healthy Kids Clinic
- Accredited by the ICANL (Inter-societal Commission for the Accreditation of Nuclear Medicine Laboratories) and the ACR (American College of Radiology) - St. Francis PET Imaging Center
- Department of Health and Human Services Bronze Medal of Honor for Organ Donation - 2009
- eQHealth Solutions Louisiana Hospital Quality Award - Platinum Level - Acute Myocardial Infarction, Heart Failure, Community-Acquired Pneumonia and Surgical Care - 2009