For Residents and Families
For more information call us at (225) 926-5918
About Our Housing Facilities
7555 Bishop Ott Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70806
A part of Our Lady of the Lake, Senior Residential Living was established in 1992 to address the need for attractive, safe and affordable housing for the elderly in the Baton Rouge area. The program provides quality, affordable housing for those 62 or older and who are income eligible.
- Villa St. Francis 68 one-bedroom apartments
- Assisi Village 67 one-bedroom apartments
- Calais House 67 one-bedroom apartment.
- Chateau Louise, 60 one-bedroom apartments
- St. Martha Activity Center
- Ability to maintain independence and dignity longer
- None of the financial burden of owning a home or the upkeep involved
- Socialization with others of the same age
- Scheduled activities such as monthly resident birthday parties, recreational activities and various other forms of entertainment
- Educational programs about various health related topics
(established by HUD)
- Designed for income eligible individuals 62 years and older
- Residents must meet income limits set by HUD.
- Residents must maintain their apartments and provide for their healthcare alone or by obtaining assistance from resources outside the complex.
- The portion of the rent that the resident is responsible for is based solely on the individual’s annual gross income minus any medical bills (doctors/hospital/medication) for the year.
- HUD subsidizes the remainder of the contract rent.
- Staff and/or security available 24 hours a day
- Clean and safe environment
- Maintenance personnel on staff
- Emergency pull cords in the bedroom and bathroom
- Front door of all apartment buildings are locked at 9 p.m.
- Gates lock in the evening for added security and safety
- Every apartment building is handicap accessible.
- Pets are allowed.
- Weekday noon meals available for purchase
- Library services
- Spiritual services provided at St. Martha’s Activity Center
- Transportation to area grocery store available
- Monthly newsletters
- Beautician on campus every week
- Secure parking
- Service coordinator on staff to assist residents with education and discount programs and many other services