The Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation program helps patients recover faster following a heart event and return more quickly to a full and productive life. An individually designed program involving supervised exercise, education, lifestyle counseling and risk factor modification can help you resume your normal work and leisure activities.
Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program
- An individual program of physical activity, carried out in a group setting, is tailored to your abilities and personal needs.
- Learn how to exercise safely and effectively, while being monitored and supervised by professional staff.
- Strengthen muscles and improve stamina.
Learn about your heart problem, causes, treatments and ways to help with lifestyle changes.
Counseling and behavior change
- Develop strategies to lower your risk of recurring heart disease.
- Learn skills to help you stop unhealthy behaviors, such as smoking.
- Start healthy behaviors, such as eating a heart-healthy diet and stress reduction.
- Gather insight into emotional and psychological health after a cardiac event.
- Safe and effective recovery
Cardiac rehabilitation has proven to be a safe and effective method to help patients recover from heart difficulties, reduce future hospital admissions and improve patient recovery.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Team
In addition to your personal doctor, the cardiac rehabilitation team is comprised of registered nurses, clinical exercise physiologists, registered dietitians and licensed social workers-each an important resource for your recovery and prevention management.
Referral to Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Center
Admittance into the Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Center requires a referral from your doctor. You can either call us directly or your doctor can provide a referral order. Once the referral has been initiated, we will contact you to set up an orientation appointment and assist you with your insurance arrangements. Medicare and most insurance carriers typically cover at least 80 percent of the cost of services, but it is important to verify coverage prior.